DON’T DO IT FOLKS, DON’T BUY FROM ADAMS!!I wish I would have spoken to people who currently own and live in an Adams Home before I bought.
I am not the only one with problems in my neighborhood alone. I will open my house for anyone looking to buy just to showcase the problems we’ve had. Here is what we have had to deal with: - Busted drainage pipe under driveway that Adams tried to just fill with concrete several different times. Tore up the driveway several different times before finally discovering that they needed to do it right and replace the pipe.
This all occurred before, during, and after closing. - Discrepancies in the Brick color on back of house. This took two chemical washes to make it look better. Occurred before closing.
- A complacent plumber forgot to hook our dishwasher up properly and it was not caught by the superintendent which resulted in a flooded kitchen. This caused mold under the cabinets due to Adams neglecting to solve the problem in a timely manor. They were ultimately forced to replace the cabinets. After being aware of the problem for over a month and being told that it needed to be finished before thanksgiving.
They decided to do this The Friday before Thanksgiving in order to rush to meet my deadline. Occurred after closing and displaced us from our kitchen multiple times two of which were the Friday before thanksgiving and the DAY BEFORE thanksgiving. - A roof leak in my daughter’s room that leaked on her at night and woke her. This was caused by someone neglecting to seal a boot around a pipe through the roof.
This caused a need for drywall repair of the ceiling in that room. - Paint is peeling off of our porch handrails. - Multiple ceiling cracks one of which spans pretty much the entire length of the peak in our vaulted ceiling. - Multiple discrepancies in the drywall finish that became very apparent after a fresh coat of quality aftermarket paint from Sherwin Williams.
- And too many other smaller things to list.See the pictures below for proof of the shotty craftsmanship! Contact me if you want more info.
Through all of this I was very understanding and even helped take care of some things that should have been done by Adams. However, they refuse to offer us anything for all the problems we've faced and displacement they've caused.
See the pictures below for proof of the shotty craftsmanship!Contact me if you want more info
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of the product
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Adams Homes Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Every month I have to contact them. They tell me problem is resolved and the next month they do it again. Charges for install and their modem I never got..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "I ordered my brother a custom tshirt for his 60th birthday.His party is this weekend.I received the shirt but the image did not come out well.I contacted them and sent..."