DON’T DO IT FOLKS, DON’T BUY FROM ADAMS!!I wish I would have spoken to people who currently own and live in an Adams Home before I bought.
I am not the only one with problems in my neighborhood alone. I will open my house for anyone looking to buy just to showcase the problems we’ve had. Here is what we have had to deal with: - Busted drainage pipe under driveway that Adams tried to just fill with concrete several different times. Tore up the driveway several different times before finally discovering that they needed to do it right and replace the pipe.
This all occurred before, during, and after closing. - Discrepancies in the Brick color on back of house. This took two chemical washes to make it look better. Occurred before closing.
- A complacent plumber forgot to hook our dishwasher up properly and it was not caught by the superintendent which resulted in a flooded kitchen. This caused mold under the cabinets due to Adams neglecting to solve the problem in a timely manor. They were ultimately forced to replace the cabinets. After being aware of the problem for over a month and being told that it needed to be finished before thanksgiving.
They decided to do this The Friday before Thanksgiving in order to rush to meet my deadline. Occurred after closing and displaced us from our kitchen multiple times two of which were the Friday before thanksgiving and the DAY BEFORE thanksgiving. - A roof leak in my daughter’s room that leaked on her at night and woke her. This was caused by someone neglecting to seal a boot around a pipe through the roof.
This caused a need for drywall repair of the ceiling in that room. - Paint is peeling off of our porch handrails. - Multiple ceiling cracks one of which spans pretty much the entire length of the peak in our vaulted ceiling. - Multiple discrepancies in the drywall finish that became very apparent after a fresh coat of quality aftermarket paint from Sherwin Williams.
- And too many other smaller things to list.See the pictures below for proof of the shotty craftsmanship! Contact me if you want more info.
Through all of this I was very understanding and even helped take care of some things that should have been done by Adams. However, they refuse to offer us anything for all the problems we've faced and displacement they've caused.
See the pictures below for proof of the shotty craftsmanship!Contact me if you want more info
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of the product
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Adams Homes Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "Building a house in SC. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. It started from day one. The footing were poured and foundation built wrong and not..."
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "I have been a long term customer of this business with no problem. The first time I had a problem was when they sent me the wrong product. ..."